For those of you who really know me, you know that I can’t go very long without creating something new. I get bombarded by new ideas on a daily basis, and I have to at least try to bring some of them to life. When I say have to, I mean HAVE TO: there’s some cool stuff (if I do say so myself) I’ve thought up and I don’t want my ideas to go to waste.
So I try to work on at least one large-scale creative project per year. Whether it’s a new album I’m recording, or a new book I’m writing, or whatever. My free time is very limited and will be getting even MORE limited in the future, so I don’t have the time I really need to tackle all of the projects I want to develop.
I expect to be done with this year’s Big Project (my You Only Die Once nerdcore album and illustrated chapbook), and now it’s time to figure out what’s on tap for next year. So I’m going to need your help in choosing which stuff I’ll be working on in 2016. I’ve narrowed it down to 8 options:
- I’ve got 30,000 words written on a new novel called NEEDLE. It’s an urban high fantasy thriller about a guy searching for a magical artifact hidden in the southside of Chicago. I’m kinda planning it as the first in a series.
- If you’ve read my old webcomic SEIZURE2, you know that I took a hiatus from the story at the halfway point. I’ve got scripts for the next 4 chapters written and they just need art. Should I go ahead and finish the story?
- another old webcomic I never finished is my humor strip UNBEATABLE HEROES. I’ve got scripts for another month’s worth of strips, but no art. And plus, the majority of you have never seen the original strips the first time I posted them.
- I’ve got two music projects I’m mulling over. One’s an EP, so I can actually knock out both at once. The EP is called SUPERGODS and is full of motivational and inspirational rap songs. The full length project is another concept album called A MAN WITH A GUN, this time based on macho 1980’s action movies. The twist is that I want to recruit my nerdcore buddies to contribute all of the lyrics over my production. This might be the most complicated project on the list because it depends so much on others’ contributions.
- I’d like to release my mafia-themed collectible card game SYNDICATE as a mobile-compatible video game, and start developing a prohibition-themed expansion for it. Or better yet, develop my other educational card game RULE THE SCHOOL! As a mobile game.
- Speaking of adapting stuff for video games, I want to do a Zelda-styled action-adventure game based on my latest novel, called GODMODE: ESCAPE FROM BAAL.
- and finally, I have a completely original idea for a shoot’em up game in the style of either Contra or Operation: Wolf called ZERO SEED. In this game, you lead a crack antiterrorist crew to shoot up a ruthless terrorist anarchist organization.
so, let’s assume I’ll only have time to work on ONE of these projects next year. If you were in my shoes, which one would you choose? Drop an email or a comment and let me know. Thanks in advance.